The farmhouse that serves as our tasting room today was built in 1883 on the Rueter family homestead. During prohibition the grapevines planted by Rueter were removed and replaced with fruit trees and potato plantings. In 1965 Charles Coury, a graduate of UC Davis, came to Oregon and planted what are now our oldest vines from root stock brought back from his studies in Alsace. Coury planted an assortment of Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer, Sylvaner, Pinot Blanc, and Riesling which are still on the property today.
When owners Milan & Jeans Stoyanov purchased the property, they began to work the land right away. They planted an additional 20 acres of Pinot Gris, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay. They re-established the estate's legacy by creating the David Hill label in 2000. Today, David Hill is proud to be a third generation farm.